Our Affiliate - NAVIGATOR ASSOCIATES, INC.
TOTAL BUSINESS CONTROLS CONSULTING
Through our affiliate, Navigator Associates, Inc. TBC our consultants can provide you with a framework for navigating through today’s risky business environment. The Practice is focused on helping its clients to deter, detect and if necessary effectively respond to incidents of material, high impact, non-routine business irregularities including:
• Fraud, theft and abuse of power.
• Theft of information & intellectual property.
• Financial reporting problems and other business irregularities.
• Hostile competitor actions and economic espionage.
• Business process breakdowns and organizational mismanagement.
• Violence against executives, staff and facilities.
Navigator TBC consulting services will determine the overall strengths and weaknesses of your business processes and related controls’ environment. Identifying threats (existing and potential) and making organizational and process changes to strengthen controls and security over business operations.
Navigator’s innovative methodology has been utilized in such diverse situations as the Bankruptcy of Orange County California, the evaluation of controls over the manufacturing of Purdue Pharma’s highly controversial narcotic, Oxycontin, the U.S. Department of Justice’s mandated monitoring of operational controls over the Los Angeles Police Department, the evaluation of global exam controls for the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute as well as numerous confidential engagements for Fortune 1000 and other organizations.
CORPORATE SECURITY CONSULTING
• Physical Security Audits & Penetration Testing
• Electronic Security Audits & Penetration Testing
• Workplace Violence Prevention & Threat Response
• At Risk Employee Termination Assistance
• Executive Protection & Travel Security
• Special Event Security
• Crisis Management Planning & Response
• Loss Prevention Consulting
CONTINUOUS INTEGRITY CONTROLS MONITOR
Navigator Associates Monitoring Practice is an outgrowth and an extension of its innovative Total Business Controls Consulting Practice. Our Monitoring approach integrates and sequences the Firm’s TBC evaluation as a front-end with a unique blend of investigative, auditing, intelligence and other monitoring tools to develop a very robust continuous controls monitoring process.
Navigator has created monitoring programs for the private sector to deter fraudulent and/or unethical activities and to assure organizational integrity. We have significant experience in monitoring operations on behalf of government entities where there has been some level of misconduct detected in an organization subject to substantial government oversight or by court order. This approach has been the decisive factor in successfully monitoring such sensitive engagements as:
• The monitoring of controls over the manufacturing of Purdue Pharma’s highly controversial narcotic, Oxycontin. In this highly charged engagement Mr. Verna’s Business Controls Consulting Practice was teamed with Giuliani Partners as the Independent Monitor.
• The U.S. Department of Justice’s mandated monitoring of operational controls over the Los Angeles Police Department
• The evaluation of global exam controls for the CFA Institute
• Numerous confidential engagements for Fortune 1000 and other organizations
EXECUTIVE, PARTNER & VENDOR SCREENING & INTEGRITY ASSURANCE
Our experience has shown that a significant percentage of corporate fraud involves vendors – as much as 50 percent or more of the cases overall. Improper executive and partner relationships with vendors, including kickback schemes, false vendors and conflicts of interest arrangements are not uncommon. Such control failures are often compounded and more difficult to unearth when there is an international aspect to the relationship. The specter of potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act can also raise its ugly head and create severe potential liabilities for US based companies.
The professionals of Navigator have worked with organizations to develop sensible, cost effective vendor screening programs as well as investigate allegations of executive, partner and/or vendor fraud.